Outdoor living trends come and go and this year is no exception. Everywhere I turn I keep seeing pineapple themed interior décor and it has made its way to the backyard. From pillows, cushions, rugs, curtains and other fabric based items, to patio furniture and decorations, pineapples are making a statement in backyards.
Why pineapples? Why not? They are fun, bright, cheerful and can help bring joy to any space, even in the backyard, patio and other outside spaces. Pineapples are welcoming and express friendship and hospitality. Pineapples are typically seen in design using yellows and greens; however, there are all different types of color palettes available with outdoor pineapple décor, including teal, pink and multi-colored. This can help you incorporate the warmth and joy of pineapples in your patio decor in a way that reflects your own unique design style.
- Choose a color theme: Pineapple patterns can be super busy and can look chaotic very quickly. Choose a base color (like coral, bay blue, or sage) if you plan to incorporate several pineapple pattern items. This will keep the look cohesive and stylish.
- Don’t be afraid to start small: If you aren’t 100% committed to the idea of transforming your entire outdoor living space in to pineapple oasis, start with fun outdoor pillows or maybe an outdoor rug. Add other items like side tables, curtains, and lighting as your comfort level with this trend increases.
- Don’t be afraid to embrace the pineapple: If you love pineapples or love the idea of decorating with them, then theming out your backyard with pineapples is an excellent way to pay homage to this luscious fruit.
- Don’t forget about outdoor dining: Incorporating pineapples into your outdoor living space can be as easy as updating your outdoor dining sets. There are some really cute melamine dishes as well as salt and pepper shakers, serving bowls, silverware and cups which can make incorporating pineapples easy and hassle free.
- Pineapples make great lights: There are cute outdoor lighting options when it comes to decorating with pineapples, from string lights to table lamps.
- Re-purpose your pineapples indoors: Almost any patio décor item can also be used inside your home. If you live in an area where you don’t have sunshine year round, you can move your pineapples inside to remind you of warmer weather.
- Don’t stress: Incorporating new elements into your outdoor living space should be fun and is a great way to collaborate with family and friends or to flex your creative muscles.
I have assembled some pineapple items for your outdoor living space. I would love to see pictures of how you have incorporated pineapples into your backyard yard or patio. You can email your pictures to email@example.com or tag @thebackyardmamma on Instagram with #pineapplepatio.